What Does the Future Hold? Join Us As We Enter A New Time In Digital Advertising
We are entering a time when mass personalization and protecting our privacy are becoming joined at the hip. No one can say for sure what the future holds. However, we have been given a little insight into the crystal ball. We might not be a true fortune teller, but you deserve to know what the future holds for digital marketing.
1) Amazon is going to become the new king. Online monopolies like Google and Facebook have ruled the kingdom for years now. In the immortal words of Elton John: The King Must Die!
Amazon is going to wear the crown now, at least for a while. The reason is that Amazon is the leader when it comes to searching for products online and buying, though eBay does come in at a close second.
2) Influencers in marketing are going to be holding more power in the King’s court than it ever did before. Part of these influencers includes something called a “paywall.” The Paywall service restricts your content from being viewed by others through a subscription. Restricting others from viewing content is a big deal for a lot of people. That is an influence people consider when they choose a service online. They ask “who can see what I am doing? We live in a time when everything is so easily accessible, even the most secure sites can be hacked. That is why an influencer like that reigns supreme. To find out more about this service and others like it visit the Paywall website.
3) Net neutrality is a big deal right now. You probably heard about it on the news. There has been a concern for a long time that it might be overturned. That would have meant that some sites would be slowed down and harder to access. That would have a huge impact on the digital marketing world.
Update: The good news is that the rules are not going to be overturned anytime soon. You still need to be concerned though. Net neutrality is safe for now. Right now we have a free and open internet. However, that could still change. That is one digital marketing strategy that consumers and businesses cannot live without.
4) The trend of being public is now moving to a more private landscape. A lot of people are seeing the consequences of posting their information out in the open, to the extent that they do. More people are gravitating towards a more private protocol when it comes to digitalizing their data. There are still people who like attention. Look at the social media posts sometimes. There are a lot of people who claim to be private when they are posting updates every 5 minutes. It gets harder to take some people seriously when they profess to be one thing and act in another way.
Either way, people are starting to see the light and looking to keep things more private. Look for more of that in the digital trends as this year winds to a close and a new year begins.
5) New digital trends are including the idea of being fun and funny. It is hard to post data on a private channel and not sound or look creepy while doing it. The answer: Be yourself and be funny. Humor is a great way to engage your audience and capture some new perspective. Do you know what Chatbots are? You might want to look them up because they are going to be part of the digital trends moving forward.
6) Ad blocks are a new trend that are capturing online gurus everywhere. Ad blocks give you the ability to block an ad that you do not like or deem inappropriate for any reason. Ads pop up everywhere whether you are on your desktop or phone. They can be annoying, to say the least. They are especially annoying when they advertise something you have no interest in. Ad blocks remove the irritant or irritating person and you go on about your day.
Is there anything you are excited about? Why not share it below in the comments section.